The Bidwell/Green House, at 2623 21st St., is a Monterey-style house built in 1937 that includes both Spanish Eclectic and Colonial Revival details.
Dr. H.H. and Pearl Bidwell bought the house from contractor J.B. Maxey. Bidwell, a Lubbock dentist for 40 years, was active in civic work. Otice and Mary Faye (Bonds) Green purchased the home in 1959. Their public relations firm was the first in West Texas to specialize in political campaigns.
The neighborhood in which the home sits was platted in 1925, the year Texas Tech opened.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks